November 6, 2016

Moda's Be My Neighbor - Block 8


When you finish this house you'll be halfway through the blocks for this quilt.  Isn't that just the point where you get overly confident and think you don't really have to look at the pattern?  Look at it. I sewed the flag parts together the wrong way and had to think a bit, then rip a bit.  If you're following the pattern, I'm sure you won't do that!  

There's a bit of applique for the flower on this block.  I'm doing satin stitch machine applique. You can also do raw edge applique by just sewing a straight stitch around the edge of the pieces after fusing them in place. If you enjoy hand applique, that's a great technique. Choose the technique you like best. 

My fabric selection: 


  • Leaves - Spearmint 
  • Flower - Sunflower & Eggplant
  • Roof - Hyacynth 
  • Flag - Geranium 
  • Flag Pole -Gris 
  • Window - Creme 
  • House - Cobalt
Enjoy your stitching!

No comments: