July 19, 2011

Rapid Fire LeMoyne Star


Most of the year I complain because my basement sewing room is so cold. Not the last few days. With the temperature at close to 100 degrees and the humidity just about as close, I've really been lucky to get to spend extra time in my "cold" sewing room. I just finished a sample of the Rapid Fire LeMoyne Star. It will be a new class in the soon to be coming Fall class schedule. It uses the square-up tool by Deb Tucker which makes all of those stars go together perfectly. We'll be demonstrating some of her square up rulers on Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30. That's the first weekend of the Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop. If you can't make it to the demos, we do have some demo boards set up at the shop so you can see how her tools work. They're pretty slick!

Hope you are planning on "hopping" during the Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop. Pick up a passport at your first shop to get yourself started. There are 10 shops in the Central East Section. Each will be giving away a pattern for a 9" block, a charm square of the shop hop fabric, a card listing a "Step toward better quilting" and a charm with a $10 purchase. If you get to all 10 shops, you will receive a bag pattern designed by Terri Atkinson especially for our section. I think it would be really cute with all of the charms sewn on it. We have made several small samples using the Shop Hop fabric. The ideas keep coming, but the time is getting close. The joint buses between the Central East and the Central Section will all be running, and there is still time to sign up for one.

So, what project can I work on next that takes me into my "cold" sewing room? Maybe I'll get started on the Scrap Tamers Mystery Quilt. That sounds like fun!

No comments: