January 20, 2010

Wedding Star



I got together with my son Doug and his fiance Hayley last week to select a pattern for a wedding quilt. We spent some time looking at patterns I'd selected as possibilities. I wanted to get an idea of what colors they like and what kinds of patterns appealed to them. We ended looking at Judy Niemeyer's web site and when Hayley saw the Wedding Star, she knew that was the one.

Wow, what a fun project this will be! I starting selecting batiks in gradations. I still have lots more to pick, but here's the beginning.

The wedding's in July. I think I'll be busy!

Nancy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love Judy's patterns. I have made several. This will be gorgeous in the palette that you have chosen.

SueR said...

Absolutely gorgeous color choices! Can't wait to see the rest.