August 8, 2013

Quilt Retreats

After 35 years of never going on a quilt retreat, Nancy and I finally understand the wonder and fun that all of you discovered early on.    All the sharing, the community, the fun, the quilting time, the escape from the troubles of one's life--all are a part of a quilting retreat.  Five of us from Glad Creations attended the summer retreat planned by Carole Wilder.  It was held at the Eagle Bluff Environmental Center in Lanesboro.  We chatted, laughed, pieced, shared, had S'mores and more.  What a sharing, caring group of quilters.

A few of us, not Nancy nor I, were brave enough to do the Ropes Course!  I think it may have been on a few bucket lists.  As we watched, we were amazed at the bravery of our group. I remember when my kids went to an environmental center as part of their middle school experience.  I don't think I ever knew what they went through.   Watching them from the ground was amazing. And I think they are all proud that they did this.  Cheri, Nathan and Amy took on this challenge and succeeded!  Good for them.

If you have never gone on a quilting retreat, give it a try.  But it's up to you whether you challenge yourself with something as challenging as a rope's course. It's plenty fun just to piece, quilt, talk, share and chat!
Happy Quilting, Susan













No comments: