July 3, 2010

Wedding Star - ready to quilt!

I finally finished piecing the Bali Wedding Star quilt for my son's wedding. I shipped it off to Carol on Monday for quilting. It should be back just in time to get the binding on - the wedding is July 24! I know some of you have seen it in process so I'll try to have it in the shop for a couple days around July 15 - 17 for anyone who wants to see the finished product (sans binding!). I'm expecting that the UPS man will bring it mid day on the 15th.
This was another great pattern from Judy Niemeyer. It's foundation pieced using a really neat strip piecing technique. The blocks went together nicely after following her pressing instructions which were planned so that all the seam allowances would wedge.
Thanks to Judy for a great pattern.
Nancy

1 comment:

Dee's said...

That is amazing, I look forward to seeing it quilted
Dee